- Media and expression: theses in tweetform by Nicholas Carr
- Kafka’s Wound: A digital essay by Will Self
- Rocket and Lightship: Meditations on life and letters by Adam Kirsch
- The Neighborhood Effect: On William Julius Wilson and Urban Sociology by Marc Perry
- Upper Middle Brow: The culture of the creative class by William Deresiewicz (see comments)
- A Few Indignant Words for Professor Wampole: A response to the NYtimes’s “How To Live Without Irony” by Stephanie Bernhard
I don’t want to know how to live without irony. But I do enjoy Will Self, and here he’s exceptional.